Vragen? Betere prijs gezien?
Bel 0512 - 340457 of neem contact op!
A Complete Studio Front End
Camden Ec2 is a Two channel 19", 1u preamp featuring award-winning Camden preamps, Mojo analogue saturation circuits, and dual reference-quality headphone amplifiers with discrete line mixers.
Two Channel Preamp
Based on the award-winning Camden 500 Preamp and Signal Processor for the 500 series lunchbox format, Camden EC2 combines the sonic capabilities of one of the markets cleanest and most transparent preamps with the flexibility of a standalone, 1u, 19” chassis that can integrate into any recording setup with or without 500 series connectivity.
Dual Headphone Mixer
More than two preamps in a metal box, Camden EC2 features Two reference-quality headphone amplifiers with independant line mixers that allow for direct monitoring of both Camden preamps using headphones connected directly to Camden EC2’s front panel.
“The Cranborne Audio Camden EC2 preamp is one of the best products I've used or reviewed. Pure class."
“I have a coloured Neve-style BAE preamp here, and cleaner Sound Devices pre's (plus a variety of others); the EC2 with the Mojo on, covered a range of sounds whereas many preamps are more limited in sonic style or fainter. Clean to dirty, the EC2 is a multi-trick pony.”
“I started with bass guitar into the DI and immediately had a great sound... Adding Mojo gave me a range of additional tonal options from smooth bright unharsh presence to gritty weight and heft with a pleasing distortion. James Jamerson to funk slap; Thump to Cream.”
“Prior to the review I'd always been a bit sceptical about preamps with additional auxes or headphone amps...but I was wrong... the extra monitor/split/mini-mix utilities are of obvious benefit – especially the ability to operate the unit close to the source via the CAST network”
“A beautiful-sounding, dual-channel preamp with a solid build and solid tech specs supporting the signal path. Thoroughly recommended for a range of studio uses.”
“Overall, I have to say that the EC2 is one of the most desirable, capable, versatile and practical preamps I've used in a very long time.”
“Given its phenomenal audio quality and flexibility, with two excellent preamps, two headphone amps, and the CAST interfacing options, it represents exceptional value for money”
“If you're in the market for a serious new preamp, you'd be mad not to put this at the top of your shortlist”
“Not many two-channel mic preamps include headphone amps, but it makes a lot of sense for modern project-studio workflows and practices.”
“I was hugely impressed with the sound quality, technical performance and versatility of the Camden 500 preamp, and the EC2 version is every bit as good; it remains one of my all-time favourite preamps.”
“It boasts not only superbly clean, quiet and dynamic performance as a straight preamp, but also an extraordinary ability, courtesy of the Mojo circuit, to become the most versatile, characterful preamp I know."
Sound On Sound
“Cranborne Audio has done a stellar job in packing a lot of functionality, coupled with high-quality sound, into a small, attractive box.”
“The EC2 mic preamp sounds uncolored, yet without feeling sterile. It has excellent headroom, and seemed sonically linear at different gain settings.”
“...I plugged a Fender P bass into the EC2’s DI, and it immediately sounded fantastic. The low end was deep with a crystal-like clarity at the top.... Thump sounded wonderful on bass – bringing out a harmonic distortion that expands the low end in a very musical manner.”
“The Camden EC2 is a comprehensive studio tool for engineers; not only does it have two quality mic pre/DI channels with variable harmonic distortion, but it also has two high fidelity headphone amps that allow for easy, accurate, inspiring monitor mixes while tracking.”
“All this flexibility makes it a must-try for studios and engineers with needs in these areas.”
Camden EC2’s preamps exhibit performance specifications that rival and exceed the most revered ‘transparent’ preamps on the market.
With Vintage Mojo On Tap
With two discrete Mojo styles, Camden EC2 takes on the persona of vintage transformer-based preamps using its Thump Mojo or gooey tube-based preamps using its Cream Mojo.
Capture your audio sources with complete transparency; boost low-sensitivity microphones without adding noise; and capture instant transients without phase shifts that cause summing abnormalities.
Unlike transformer or valve-based preamps, Mojo’s saturation is completely variable allowing you to dial-in the amount of saturation you need for each source. Keep it at 3-4 for authentic preamp THD or crank it up to 11 for a more exaggerated effect.
Camden EC2 By The Numbers
Put simply, Camden EC2 is one of the cleanest, most linear, and transparent preamps on the market. Our ‘Camden’ preamp topology allows us to push the boundaries of Frequency Response, Phase Shift, Noise, and THD performance; and we have all the specs to back that up.
Two discrete mic/line/hi-z preamps featuring the award-winning ‘Camden’ topology from the Camden 500 Preamp and Signal Processor for 500 series
Audio performance at the near-theoretical limits of noise, distortion, and phase/frequency linearity at all gain settings
- EIN: <-129.5dBu, 150 Ohm source, unweighted, <-135.5dBu, Inputs common, unweighted
- THD+N: <0.00025% (1kHz, 35dB gain, +24dBu out)
- Intermodulation Distortion: <0.0006% (50Hz and 7kHz, 35dB gain, +20dBu out),
- Phase Shift: <2.75° (20Hz to 20kHz, 40dB gain), <6° (20Hz to 20kHz, max gain)
- Freq. Response: ±0.7dB (<1 Hz to >1000 kHz, 35dB gain), ±1dB (<5 Hz to >200 kHz, max gain)
Unique 48v status LED
- 48v LED Lights Orange to indicate voltage charging or dissipating to prevent damage to ribbon microphones and to ensure voltage is fully charged before use
- 48v LED lights RED when voltage is fully charged and ready to use
Two instances of ‘Mojo’ analogue saturation circuits with variable control, true bypass, and 2 discrete styles - Thump and Cream
- Thump excites low-end content by boosting lower odd/even harmonics from a range of 160Hz to 20Hz and below
- Cream boosts odd/even harmonics whilst also reducing the amplitude of the fundamental frequencies and applying typical transformer-style transient taming
Two discrete headphone mixers with independant CH 1, CH 2, and Aux Input level controls
- Monitor the Camden preamps directly with headphones during mic placement to find the sweet spot of the instrument/source
- Create zero-latency artist mixes by combining the Camden preamps with external playback from Aux Input 14/” jacks on Camden EC2’s rear panel
- Use the reference grade headphone amps for critical listening by sending stereo mixes from the interface into the Aux input and monitoring directly using Camden EC2’s headphone outputs
- 'Stereo’ switch to pan CH1 & CH2 left and right in each headphone mix for true stereo monitoring
Two reference-quality, high-powered headphone amplifiers
- Freq. Response: <±1dB, <1 Hz to >100 kHz
- Output Impedance: 0.33 Ohms
- THD: 0.0003%, 1kHz
- Output Wattage: 2x250mW @ 600 Ohm, 2x450mW @ 220 Ohm, 2x250mW @ 100 Ohm
Balanced XLR outputs and impedance balanced ¼” jack outputs for maximum connectivity into audio interfaces and other downstream equipment
Dedicated Impedance balanced 1/4" Jack Link outputs for true instrument DI functionality and splitting instrument inputs to balanced or unbalanced amplifiers and effects
C.A.S.T. OUT port for connecting Camden EC2 into 500R8/500ADAT
- Transmit Camden EC2’s preamps directly into 500R8 and 500ADAT’s 500 series modules inputs for recording/processing
- Receive a stereo mix generated from 500R8/500ADAT and monitor using Camden EC2’s headphone mixers
- All managed and distributed via a single shielded Cat 5e, Cat 6, or Cat 7 cable
C.A.S.T. IN port for connecting N22/N22H Cat 5 snakes to relocate Camden EC2 I/O elsewhere in the studio
- Receive 2 mic/line signals from N22/N22H directly into the preamp inputs of Camden EC2
- Transmit Camden EC2’s Aux 1 headphone mix into N22/N22H for direct monitoring by the musician
- All managed and distributed via a single shielded Cat 5e, Cat 6, or cat 7 cable
External high-current 24v, 1.25a power supply with latching connector